One of the most popular Christmas decorations among Christians is the DIY Christmas ball. And now it’s almost the middle of December. What decoration preparations have you prepared to beautify your home? Have you prepared the Christmas tree? Or you will have prepared decorations for the dining table when eating with your extended family later after doing mass at church. Everything you need to plan from now on so that later you don’t have to be bothered and confused when approaching the Christmas celebration.
If you have prepared Christmas tree decorations, then next you need to prepare the knick-knacks so that your Christmas tree is more beautiful. These Christmas ornaments are usually hung on the leaves. Some people like to light colorful lights or hang small colorful light bulbs and some envelopes as gifts for the little ones who come to your house.
Well, in this post we invite you to make some DIY Christmas ball decorations that you can install in your living room, terrace, dining room, and in any place you want. How to make it is very easy, and does not take long, and does not require a lot of money. And your children will definitely love to make it because it uses the basic material of children’s favorite balloons.
How to Make A DIY your own Christmas Ball?
You can make it at home alone with your sister or child. You only buy some equipment and materials as below.
- PVA glue
- Colorful Wool Yarn
- Glue holder
Here are the steps to make DIY Christmas Ball
- Take a balloon and inflate it until it reaches the size you want then tie it tightly.
- Prepare a container of PVA glue.
- Prepare a needle, insert one of the threads into the needle, insert the needle into the center of the glue container. Later the thread must pass through or PVA glue so that the glue seeps into the pores of the thread.
- Pour the PVA glue into the container.
- Pull the thread and start wrapping the thread around the outside of the balloon. You can do this by twisting the balloon while adjusting the loop of yarn so that there are no gaps or too much space. But you need to form an empty gap at the bottom of the balloon. It is necessary to remove the balloon after it is later popped.
- After the surface of the balloon is evenly covered with yarn coils. keep the last loop of yarn at the top and leave a few inches for hanging later.
- Dry the yarn in a place exposed to the sun or air. Or you can use a fan or hairdryer to dry faster.
- When the thread is completely dry, use a needle to pierce the balloon and pull the balloon that has exploded through the hole under the one you made earlier. Then you just hang it on the Christmas tree.
Well, that’s how to make your own Christmas ball decorations at home. Do the same for the other yarn colors. Good luck, hopefully, your Christmas tree will be more beautiful with your own decoration creations.
Meanwhile, here are some other DIY Christmas Balls that can inspire you
Thank you for visiting, hopefully, it can be useful for you. Don’t forget to leave comments and share ideas with other visitors by filling in the comments form.